Re: [CH] Refrigerate after opening ?

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:42:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Schoenbacher, Anton wrote:

> Do you need to refrigerate hot sauce after you open it ?
> Some bottles say 'yes' but some don't say anything ?
>
> I usually don't refrigerate mine.
>
> Whats the deal here...

Saying refrigerate after opening won't harm anything, and might
retard some spoilage, so even if it isn't necessary, it can't hurt.

With today's litigious society, I'd bet the lawyers would recommend
saying that for any food product.

I'd bet that they'd even recommend it for honey, which doesn't require
refrigeration, and will crystallize if you do refrigerate it. :-)

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas