[CH] Pungent Fumes

Dan Butts (ndbutts@nmtc.net)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:39:11 -0500

> Date:          Wed, 01 Jul 1998 15:30:03 +0000
> From:          Jim Campbell <jim@wildpepper.com>

> Snip-  PS.  Has anybody else suffered from choking fumes given off when
> stir frying chile's?

Several years ago I was visiting a girlfriend in Tampa Fla. She
decided to whip up a batch of  Cajun shrimp for supper.  I don't
recall what kind of peppers she used, but she put in way too much.
The fumes were unbearable.  Drove us right out into the street.

When we returned about an hour later, a vase of fresh long-stemmed
red roses (no, they weren't from me...) had completely keeled over.
Every rose was slumped to the table and well on the way to a very
premature death.  I kid you not.

Now that's what you call pungent!

Dan Butts