Re: [CH] Vindaloo

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 14:37:35 -0400

At 10:49 AM 7/9/98, Melinda Merkel wrote:
>>any other sources, please let me know, and if anyone would like a
vindaloo or
>>naan recipe using Jim C's Smoked Habanero powder give a shout, but not too
>loud
>>the kiddies are napping.
>>Jeannie Nelson
>
>Jeannie, I would *love* any and all good Indian recipes that you have, the
>more authentic the better. One of my best friends is Indian and I would
>love to cook for him!
>
>I have Calvin's powder but not Jim Campbell's. Does that matter?

Jim's powder is a dark reddish brown and has a smokey undertone, but is
like 5 to 10 times hotter than calvin's powder.  It is pure habanero wheras
Calvins powder was a light brown blend of a dozen or so different chiles
which are not smoked.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @