Re: [CH] Chile notorious

Lorraine Heidecker (lheid@saclink.csus.edu)
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:52:25 -0700 (PDT)

The way I understand it chils have a one-two punch to those who use them:

1. They taste good and add a lovely set of complex flavor to those
foods to which they are added.

2. When taken in goodly doses, they induce an endorphin response, which
accounts for that feeling of well-being that follows a chile-spiced meal.

So, its not the chiles but the endorphins, which are produced by one's
own body, which continue to make you feel good after eating chiles.
There are lots of ways to get your body to produce endorphins so I donot
think you can speak of being chile-dependent in the same sense you speak
of drugs and/or alcohol.

Peace, love and peppers

Lorraine