RE: [CH] Slugs & Snails

Freeman, Dale (Dale.Freeman@dofa.gov.au)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:07:41 +1000

Hi all

Can't remember if I posted this but sawdust is also a good way to stop
slugs and snails getting to your plants.  Simply put a barrier about
150mm (6") wide around the plants.  Apparently its not a good surface
for sliming on.

Only thing to watch is sawdust can pull nitrogen out of the soil, so you
need to keep this up too.

Have a good one

Dale