TO Hot Sauces (Was: [CH] Chile notorious)

edmiston@wardpress.com
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:56:36 -0500

Fawcett, Steve wrote:

> Where can I purchase some of these "Extreme" hot sauces
> in the Toronto area?

Welcome Steve. As discussed before on this list, a wide variety of
extreme sauces can be purchased at the Red Devil on Duncan St. (there's
also one in Newmarket) and a smaller selection is available at a shop
called Instant Caterer in the Holt Renfrew/Cumberland mall at Yonge &
Bloor.

I've found the House of Spice on Augusta in Kensington Market good for
both East and West Indian sauces as well as dried chiles. Occasionally,
Harvest Wagon and All the Best at Yonge and Summerhill have a few things
but they don't stock any given lines with any regularity.

Alas, no Zavala's No Joke to be found anywhere in the city. )~: Still
hoping I can find Scorned Woman (that numb lip thing -- I wanna try
that).

Also, as mentioned by one of our fellow TO CHs on this list recently,
there will be some sort of heat-seeking festival at Harbourfront next
month. Should be some stuff worth checking out at that.

HTH.