Re: [CH] Tabasco, finally.

David Wright (dtwright@texas.net)
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:31:51 -0500 (CDT)

At 07:27 AM 7/16/98 -0700, Senor Chile Monger wrote:
>We experienced a record temperature for July 15 yesterday in Lompoc, 86ºF
>and one of the many buds on my Tabascos (that have been teasing me for
>weeks) finally blossomed.  It's supposed to get to 87ºF today, more
>blossoms I hope!

We have just the opposite problem in San Antonio. Highs have been 100F,
plus or minus a degree or so, for weeks, and my Big Jims and serranos
haven't been able to set fruit in that time. I did get a few of both before
the heat rolled in, and am hoping the plants can survive 'til cooler
weather in September or October.

David, lustful for an 86 degree day