Re: [CH] Habanero Jelly Beans

Dan Cohen (wizard@twcny.rr.com)
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 15:26:13 -0400

Senor Chile Monger wrote:

> Santa Esperanza de la Habanero brought me in a handful of Magic Beans this
> morning!  They look like regular ol' Ronald Reagan Standard Issue jelly
> beans, but Hallelujah! the sweet fruit flavors fade into a nice Habanero
> flavor with a respectable heat.  Now if Santa Esperanza would just reveal
> the secret to acquiring these little gems......

    Well, I guess I'm Santa Esperanza. I've had these before (don't confuse
them with the paltry Jelly Belly jalapenos). I got them at the Hot Shoppe, a
store in Syracuse that may as well be the Shangri-La of chile heads. The 800
number is 1-800-HOT-EATS. They may have them there or, if not, they'll order
them for you. Also ask about the habanero pretzels-these are easily the
greatest snack food ever made.

-Dan