Re: [CH] Interesting people

edmiston@wardpress.com
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 22:30:08 -0500

City Print wrote:

> Quote for the day - Evening Post  16 July '98
>
> "People who do not like food are uninteresting people. People who live on a lettuce leaf are too light-headed for conversation."
>                           NZ soprano Dame Kiri Te Kanawa

What a fabulous thought -- too bad it came from such a mediocre, shrill
soprano.

Not to dis Kiri (well, yes, to dis Kiri) but she's no Alicia de la
Rocha, or however you spell it.

Kind of like the difference between Dave's and what I imagine Zavala's
to taste like.

Sorry if I offended any Dame Kiri fans, but to me the CH list has always
been about the sophistication of taste in all its forms.