Re: [CH] Vietnamese Chile Garlic Sauce

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:54:25 -0700

Bill and Linda Moats wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone have a recipe for a sauce similar to the one the comes in a
> clear plastic bottle with a green cap "Tung Ot something or other" made
> in Rosemead, CA? I used to buy it but since moving to NE Oregon haven't
> been able to find it.... but we are blessed by a large chile crop. TIA
>
> Bill Moats
>
> Chile today chile tomorrow
Hey you two...go down to your local wharfingers office and....whoops,
wrong answer! Anyway it is Tung Ot Sriracha and if you get to that BIG
town of Portland(where I am sure they have a whar....whoops, there it
goes again!) find an Asian market, and they will have scads of it! NOT
chilly today, hasnt been for weeks...cheers, Doug in BC