Re: [CH] sauce bottle sources

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:42:13 -0700

Shasta ------%@ wrote:

> I would love to see a sweet, garlicly, hot , hot sauce. I make one by
> scratch but in my small town haven't tasted one close.
> Shaz
>
> >Greetings chileheaders (headerettes?),
> >I'm putting together a business making hot sauce.  could anyone point
> me to a
> >source for those 5 oz bottles?  I've only found two using the internet,
> and
> >they seem somewhat expensive, even in quantities of 1,000's of bottles.
> >
> >As long as I'm here, what would you like to see in a new sauce.  Any
> inputs?

Try the D&D Gold Sriracha I have been advocating elsewhere on the list.
It's moderately hot, very garlicky and a bit sweet. Really nice stuff.
Check your nearest Asian market for a supply. Or the Mo Hotta Mo Betta.
I can't remember if they have D&D Gold but I know they have Who Flung
Foo (Huy Fong) which isn't as sewwt, hot or garlicky but which will
suffice if it's totally impossible to get D&D Gold.
--
Uncle Dirty Dave sez ENJOY!!!

Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of Hardin Cider and Yaaahoooaahhh! Hot! Sauce!!!