Re: [CH] First Hab

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:33:57 +1000

At 11:07 AM +1000 29/7/98, Brent Thompson wrote:
>> We're having just the opposite effect from that blasted El Ni...  Everything
>> in this part of California (high desert, southern California) is at least a
>> month behind schedule.
>
>Rest assured, everything in Northern California is also nearly 4 weeks late
>this year, e.g. cherries ripened end of June instead the normal last week
>of May to first week of June, apricots ripened mid to late July instead of
>the normal last week of June to first week of July...

We have had on of the wettest winters I have seen.
The elnino osiclation just keeps moving up  ( predicting more rain)
according to theTV news
Even the inland areas- in drought for years - are in flood.
Tthe snowfields have had some of the best snow for years.
Very cold here down to 3C last night. But still picking a few late habs.
and my "unamed bush" still is laden with fruit.

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
 International fax 61 243 651979 &  Phone 61 243 677322
bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity.
EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  Web page at:
http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/