Re: [CH] Martha's Quesadillas

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 19:25:52 -0700

The Old Bear wrote:

Major snip!
> While living in California, when my son was a toddler, we
> perfected a quick-fix dinner consisting of a flour tortilla,
> folded in half, over a filling of grated cheese (white cheddar,
> monterey jack, swiss, whatever) and some chopped green chiles
> from a can.  The thing could be put in the toaster-oven or
> just microwaved until the cheese melted.  Then, cut into wedges
> and eaten by adults (with margaritas) or toddler alike.
>
> As these were not quite quesadillas, we took to calling them
> "quasi-dillas"
>
> I still make these from time to time, adding some interesting
> hot sauce to the filling before folding and zapping.
>
> Cheers,
> The Old Bear

Hey Grizz: we still do them like that, and with home burnt Anaheims,
they are great, with the right combo of filling and cheese and salsa!
I also learned that in Calif. in the forties(late, mind you!)Sure they
are quesadillas, except they are the Cal style as opposed to the Mex
style!Anyway, my fillosophy has always been that whatever fills you up,
and also tastes great, is the only way to go...never mind the way it
SHOULD be done! If you have spotted any of my lousy recipes, you will
see that is the way I cook as well as think! Cheers, Doug in BC(where
our buck is now at $1.50 US!!!! AM I buying any software on line???Har
de Har!