Re: [CH] A Caribbean query

W.A. Sawford (was1000@cus.cam.ac.uk)
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:45:19 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Andrew Healy wrote:

> Having just finished a truly delightfully warm bottle of a Carib. sauce
> called a BAJAN, it has struck me that I have not the faintest of ideas as
> to its ingredients [apart from chillies].  I do not wish a recipe (that was
> a trade secret) but would like to know the contents plese.  It was a
> mustardy yellow goo with hab pieces afloat in it I think.

Sounds like one of the Encona West Indian range of sauces.  I've got the
Bajan one I think (yellow gooey stuff as you say).  I shall have a look in
my fridge and see if I can find it over the weekend.  Personally I prefer
the bog-standard one with the nice scotch bonnet flavour (red gooey
stuff).

Wendy