Re: [CH] Saving Seed Becomes Illegal

Glen G. Hosey (hosey@erols.com)
Sat, 08 Aug 1998 10:12:07 -0400

At 02:05 PM 8/5/98 -0500, Pieters, Rob (NL01) wrote:
>Through the Veggie mailing list I've received the message and attachment
>below, seems that saving our own pepper seeds will become illegal.

deals with farm seeds -- cotton, soybeans, etc. Don't get carried away
saying that saving your home garden seeds will become illegal. D&P doesn't
deal in garden seeds that companies like Burpee, etc, do.

While I was growing up in Ark, we never reused seeds, but there were some
farmers who did. The problem of reusing seeds is when it is done for too
many years in a row. Then farmers run the risk of getting progressively
reduced yeilds, and possible inferior seeds, susecptible to disease, or
carrying over diseased seeds to the following year, etc, etc.

Please drop this thread, it has no place on the Chile-Heads list......

Glen Hosey, Fairfax, VA
My free MM2.0j & MC2.0f Recipe Buster programs & huge MM-format recipe
archive are at:
http://www.erols.com/hosey