RE: [CH] Shepherd's Red Savinas????

DN/hotsdesr (hotsdesr@deltanet.com)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 13:24:25 -0700

Steve <snearman@erols.com> wrote:

>The germ of the seed I purchased from Shepherds does not seem to be true.
>I have grown habs for years and they produce the same fruit each year. The
>shepherd's seed have produced four different fruits; nice large red hab,
>large orang hab, round medium red hab and a large red scotch type hab. Each
>type was from a different plant. Also the plants were somewhat different
>also. They are all consistently thicker walled fruit than other I have
>grown (this I like). Any one else have this same problem? Don't find them
>that much hotter as advertised either.

Steve,
We are having similar problems with our Red Savina seeds. Can't tell a
lot yet, because ours are still green. The leaves all look similar, but
the plants vary quite a bit in size. One plant is putting out a habanero
shaped fruit. Another is putting out something that I would imagine to
end up looking more like a scotch bonnet. In addition this fruit is
growing upright instead of hanging down. The rest of the plants aren't
far enough along yet to judge.

However our seeds are from NK, not Shepherd.

Susie
--
Curt & Susie Snyder			Hot's Desire
3137 Mira Mesa Ave.			Spicy foods and hot sauces

mailto:hotsdesr@deltanet.com            1-800-381-4687
http://www.machines.com/hotsdesr