Re: [CH] pepper spray on your steak

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:09:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Brent Thompson wrote:

> > anybody know if it has that nasty burned cat taste?
>
> No.  But I bet it has that nasty "full of chemicals including propellents
> never intended or tested for human consumption" taste, and I bet FDA
> approval was never sought or considered for it.  I wouldn't personally even
> be surprised if it contains ingredients known not to be safe to apply to
> skin, despite that being its intended usage.

Considering it's usage, and considering that it could be sprayed in a
person's mouth, I'd bet that it's safe, and tested by the FDA for it.

There are too many possible lawsuits involved if it were not.  The
company lawyers would insist on it being certified as safe if only
from a possible lawsuit point of view.

There are lots of propellants and vehicles for aerosols that are
considered safe.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas