My Chile Conversion (Re: [CH] smoked jalapenos)

Mark McHugh (mchugh@bhil.com)
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 12:54:11 -0500

Tony Owens wrote:

> Greetings O Fiery Ones
>
> The very name Chile-Heads filled me with trepidation and fear and now that I
> have actually  joined your noble organisation and read some of your writings
> I realise that capsaicin is not a chemical to be trifled with. I had heard
> of chile highs and other nameless horrors but I never realised that  growing
> these lovely plants could actually lead to madness. I was introduced to the
> Capsicum family by the innocent gift of a few seeds from a friend who had
> become a raving addict after spending some time at North Texas State
> University and my life has been severely changed ever since.

  I converted to the hot and spicy way of life when I was stationed in
San Antonio.
  I was 19, from the Midwest US, and of German/Irish descent.  Not the
combination for congenital spicyness.  I was introduced by the local
Mexican family who contracted to cook in my unit's dining hall.  They
had a crock of jalapeños with the condiment cart.  By the end of the
year there I was hooked and looking for hotter highs.  Next thing ya
know I'm cruising Asian groceries and the local bodegas.
  I believe I have a tiger by the tail and I'm loving it!

--
Mark McHugh

Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt.  E=mc²