Re: [CH] Posole "Hominy" etc.

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:03:39 -0700

Andie Paysinger wrote:

> If you go to the following site, "Indian Harvest"  and click on
> "amazing Maize"   you will find Yellow, white, red, and blue posole.

That brings possibilities to mind.  I've got a dehydrator (as I'm
sure most C-Hers do) and see no reason why nixtamal couldn't be
dehydrated.  I wonder if the posole mentioned above is dried nixtamal
or dried fully cooked hominy.  I've experimented with drying cooked
beans.  While fresh is best, the results were acceptable for camping
and backpacking...or surviving Y2K :-{)>

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...
http://members.cts.com/crash/m/macknet/