Re:[CH] Question regarding spicey foods and depression

Senor Chile Monger (supervisor@scudder.sbceo.k12.ca.us)
Fri, 04 Sep 1998 07:14:06 -0700

Craig Ruben wrote:

>Has anyone seen/heard/found any information on spicy foods/sauces/peppers
>that has either a positive and or negative effect on depression?  I will
>appreciate any information that you can forward or send to me.  I would hate
>to give up on the spice of life.

Just from my observations, depression doesn't seem to be running rampant
here.  It would seem that, if capsaicin had an impact on depression, it
would be positive, judging from the general attitude of this list.  Now
anxiety is another thing altogether.  The springtime anxiety when the rains
won't stop, the nights won't warm up so when are we going to be able to get
our 12' high plants that we've been nuturing under lights since New Years
Day......

In Chiles,

Doug

* For the sake of tolerance do we tolerate the intolerable? *