Re: [CH] pressure canners/cookers

Rich McCormack (macknet@cts.com)
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 06:49:53 -0700

YODA wrote:

> I use these small pressure cookers/canners a lot.
> The nice large ones have pressure gauges, but you have a vent jiggler
> which serves the same purpose.

Actually, it's not a loose jiggler, it's a non-removable weighted
valve that pops up as soon as pressure begins to form and steam
needs to vent.

> If you have the single position jiggler (one hole) it releases
> steam at 10 PSI above your current sealevel pressure.

It is a single hole type release mechanism.  I was hoping to find
some mention of the pressure at which it begins to vent in the
instructions that came with the cooker, but there is non...and
there is no list of specifications that might include such info.

I guess I'd have to assume its 10 PSI, but that would only be an
unverifiable guess.  Think I'll stick to boiling water bath
suitable preserving for now.

--
Rich McCormack (Poway, CA) macknet@cts.com

Who is Rich McCormack?  Find out at...