RE: [CH] thanks fer the memreez

willis clayton (willis@BigHonkinSkillet.com)
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:08:54 -0400

I think habs and pumpkin would go together fantastically!  I would probably
prefer the habs (preferably red, like savinas) minced and mixed into the
filling.  That way, you'd have the heat of the habs (most of the fruit
flavor being overpowered by the pumpkin), and the flecks of red would really
spruce up the visual appeal (imho).

Let us know how it turns out!

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of michele curley
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 1998 10:48 AM

that gives me an idea ..... it's about that time of the year .... pie
baking season .... i'm thinkin scotch bonnet powder in the pie crust!
..... what kinda powder would go best with apple pie? with pumpkin? it
seems you can't go wrong with scotch bonnet or jalapeno powder .... do
you think habs and pumpkin would go together? how bout chopped habs in
the pie crust itself? and of course .... some hot stuff in the filling
too .... or should i make the crust really hot and leave the filling to
cool down the palate? cast yer vote folks .... i'm open to suggestions