Re: [CH] Purple pepper

bates ronald (rbates2@gl.umbc.edu)
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 14:47:18 -0400 (EDT)

Might this be Czechoslovakian Black peppers?  They are purple and then
turn red and are often referred to as ornamental peppers although can be
eaten as well.  The plants also have some purple tinge in their stems and
multicolored leaves.  I have four of these plants and they grew really
well, but the peppers aren't extremely hot and I wouldn't necessarily say
that the peppers were growing upright..although maybe sometimes...  They
are jalapeno size...

ron