RE: [CH] Hong Kong

McAlpine, Duncan G (Duncan.McAlpine@PSS.Boeing.com)
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 05:34:59 -0700

> From: Myron Menaker <myronm@bellsouth.net>
>
> - - Go to Aberdeen to see the floating sampan city...
Yes

> - - Go to the Jumbo floating restaurant....a tourist trap, but a
> curiosity
> (not to be 	missed!)
Never went but was told to go.  You can rent a tourists Junk boat in
Aberdeen and they go right past it.

> - - Go to the night-time flea market ("Thieves Market")
Never went but it is recommended

> - - Take the Star Ferry to Victoria, then take the tram out to the
> very
> end of the 		line....you'll see a side of Hong Kong which
> tourists do
> not usually see!

Agree
You can be either Regular or First Class seating. When I went last,
First Class was only 15 cents

	Take a Rolls Royce to your Hotel when you arrive.

Go to Repulse Bay on Hong Kong IS
Ride a double decker bus and sit on top on Honk Kong IS.
Go to the Horse Track.
Watch some old movies with Hong Kong as the location theme.
Go to the Live Food Market on Hong Kong IS.  Watch the  process of a
live chicken to being sold to a ready to eat meal.
Go to Regent Hotel on Kaloon and have a drink and feel your special
person to be there. Sit in the bar on the main floor.
Go to Peninsula Hotel during Tea Time
Ride the subways to the end of the line.  You will see the difference.
THE SUBWAYS ARE VERY SAFE.
Go to Macu and See the people smuggling pork across the border.  They
tape it to their bodies.
Walk the trails at Victoria Peak and look at the animals and SPIDERS.
The Spiders are huge.
Go to Caton and see the new Hong Kong.
	IT IS VERY HUMID for a PNW person.

	Don't worry if a taxi does not pick you up. The reason is, they
cant speak English, so they wont stop. Do the subway.

	Everything is expensive