Re: [CH] #1 Hot Spice Mix

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Sat, 03 Oct 1998 20:40:05 -0700

Kim Cook wrote:

> Steve wrote:
> >
>  Hab enhanced foods give me an even all over burn in the mouth and
> > will linger hot to warm for a few hours in the stomach with no ring of fire after affects. Come to think of it I have not had the ring of fire for > years no mater what kind or how much Chiles I eat.
>
> Hi all...I'm a relative newbie to the "world of fire"...it started with
> salsas....mild to med, to hot...now onto adding hot peppers to everything
> to heat it up...is it normal to get cravings for hot?...
>
> I go to the fridge and spoon out of the jar...hot salsa...I thought the
> salsa was not *too* hot...I must be used to it...I bought some pickled
> jalepenos (the only thing available around this part of the boonies) for
> added heat...chop 'em up by the 1/2 cup for on top of the chile...and
> realized that the peppers were no hotter than the salsa...
>
> I actually eat the jalepenos out of the jar now...the only thing they add
> to the bowl of chili is the vinegrette...
>
> The first while of "accellerated hotting" I noticed a lack of living taste
> buds for a few weeks...but they seem ok now...or maybe I just don't
> care...<grin>
>
> So-o-o...the next step....Habs....I think I'm a bit scared of habs...never
> seen one...heard of them tho...they're the ones with the black leather
> jackets and 'blades, right?...
>
> Habs...<shiver>...might have to get me some of those...
> "Hab-e-nyero"..with a rollll of the tongue...like that word...may use that
> for a name sometime...Kim HabaNiero Cook...has promise...
>
> Save me from an island of pepper-less stores....
>
> -yeah, grow me own...I do garden in a big way...but it's October now...
> PEI really stands for Primarily Eternal Ice ...snow soon...
>
> Enough blathering...or is it blithering?...depends on whether  I'm a fool,
> or an idiot, I suppose...<grin>...now why is that?...blathering fool,
> blithering idiot...are there really rules for old English insults?...
>
> <sighh...>
> I'm done now...I think...
> Kim.
> --
>
> Kim Cook  ICQ#3987340
> Prince Edward Island, Canada
> mailto:kim.cook@pei.sympatico.ca

Hi Kim...this is from the Other side of this land! Vancouver island!!
And if you happen to have a Chinese grocery store within driving
distance, then check out their hot sauces...if there are any Viets or
other Asians, like East Indians, then check out their stores as well..
I am certain that you will be able to find all sorts of goodies at one
or tothter of them, because they all eat HOT Good luck and let us know
I will mail you stuff if you cant find anything! Cheers, Doug in BC