Re: [CH] #1 Hot Spice Mix

Brent Leatherman (brent@mail.feist.com)
Sun, 04 Oct 1998 07:38:00 -0500

At 08:52 PM 10/3/98 -0300, Kim Cook wrote:
>Hi all...I'm a relative newbie to the "world of fire"...it started with
>salsas....mild to med, to hot...now onto adding hot peppers to everything
>to heat it up...is it normal to get cravings for hot?...

- not just normal, but almost *required*!  ;>)

>I go to the fridge and spoon out of the jar...hot salsa...I thought the
>salsa was not *too* hot...I must be used to it...I bought some pickled
>jalepenos (the only thing available around this part of the boonies) for
>added heat...chop 'em up by the 1/2 cup for on top of the chile...and
>realized that the peppers were no hotter than the salsa...

- A-yup, time to move to habs (or at least, serranos)

>I actually eat the jalepenos out of the jar now...the only thing they add
>to the bowl of chili is the vinegrette...

- Normal progression, so far...
>So-o-o...the next step....Habs....I think I'm a bit scared of habs...never
>seen one...heard of them tho...they're the ones with the black leather
>jackets and 'blades, right?...

- pretty close, and if you get chocolate habs, they even look a little like
you dsecribe...

>-yeah, grow me own...I do garden in a big way...but it's October now...
>PEI really stands for Primarily Eternal Ice ...snow soon...

- quite a few of us on this list grow our own - fer instance, my orange and
chocolate habs are producing fiends this year, with my red habs and scotch
bonnetts not too far behind. The serrano's and jalapeno's are my slackers
this year...

>Enough blathering...or is it blithering?...depends on whether  I'm a fool,
>or an idiot, I suppose...<grin>...now why is that?...blathering fool,
>blithering idiot...are there really rules for old English insults?...

neither, you're just a budding chile-head...;>)

><sighh...>
>I'm done now...I think...
>Kim.

No, you've just begun...

"The wisest man I ever knew taught me something I never forgot. And, though
I never forgot it, I never quite memorized it either. So what I'm left with
is the memory of having learned something very wise that I can't quite
remember" - George Carlin