Re: [CH] Roasted Red Savina Hot Sauce

Chile (coyote@calweb.com)
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 21:25:34 -0700

At 04:22 PM 10/7/98 -0800, Dwarf with a spoon wrote:
>>http://www.loop.com/~curisbmt/HOTSAUCE.html
>This url is not working for me. How can I see this recipe?
>
>The Dwarf with a spoon.
>Ft. Richardson, AK.
>Toads list
>http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/toads

This was posted on the list a little over 2 years ago:

Crazy Coyote's Roasted Red Savina hot sauce

     2 Red Savina Habaneros (or 4 regular Habs) roasted and diced
     8 Roma (AKA saladette, plum, salsa) tomatoes, roasted and diced
     1 small onion roasted and diced
     2 cloves garlic roasted and diced
     1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon Mexican oregano - toasted/roasted
     2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
     2 tablespoons olive oil
     1/4 teaspoon salt

After roasting the veggies, peal off the charred skin (except the habs)
leaving bits of charred
skin on the veggies. Next place all of the ingredients in a blender /food
processor except the
salt & olive oil. Puree all until it is smooth. Next heat the olive oil in
a saucepan and heat. Add
the sauce and simmer for 5-7 minutes. While simmering stir in the salt.

Note: use a ripe lime- which should be yellow not green.

The sauce should keep in a fridge for 1-2 weeks.

Like I said I just made this last night.
I never make a recipe exactly the same two times in a row...
I like to play with my food.. guess I never really grew up ;-).

Anyway last night I added a shot (+) of  Triple sec to the sauce... yummy (
I also used 4 red Savina habs to make it hotter).

Coyote
Howlin For Habaneros