Re: [CH] WAS TWEETY BIRD, Now Tofu

edmiston (edmiston@wardpress.com)
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 23:13:40 -0500

Doug Irvine wrote:

> Rain wrote:
> >
> > -> > Yes indeed.  Ever tried it [tofu] homemade?  it's absolutely
> > -> > delicious.

Hey Doug, ask Rain to send you her recipe, just as you had me send buddy my
recipe for cauliflower soup. She's the source and should take full credit.
It sounds delish although maybe a little complicated for single-pot,
paper-towel-intensive types like myself.

> BIG snip...OK youse guys(that is for your yankee or whatevr heritage) I
> have been eating tofu ever since I first discovered it when I was a
> kid(now 72)

Go on! 72 years young and a CH! A shining example to us all -- I always
suspected there was more to chiles than just the endorphin rush! (:

> from a Chinese missionary friend, and I have tried to make it
> following the best chinese cookbooks that I have, and believe me, I have
> a bunch(some in Chinese, both Mandarin and Cantonese)and I have yet to
> produce anything anywhere close to what is produced commercially by the
> Chinese people...I have watched how they do it, and it is nearly
> impossible to duplicate at home without all of their equipment...

Again, check out Rain's recipe. It sure sounds like it will result in the
real McCoy, and I plan to make it myself it I ever have any time. (:

(Still waiting for fellow CHs to tell me where to get something hot in
Cooperstown (: )