Re: [CH] Tofu

Doug Irvine (dirvin@bc.sympatico.ca)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:49:36 -0700

David A. Verbil wrote:

> I seem to be missing something here - if dry lentils are 3.4 calories
> a gram, 100 grams cooked would not be 340 calories, as quite a
> bit of the weight would be water ...
>                                                   DAVe
>
> > >- -> also didn't understand why he said lentils were fattening.
> > >Me either, but maybe he'll explain?

Luke in Oz mailed me and told me that jbcattley is a young man about 23
who weighs in at about 125 lbs wringing wet, the last time he saw him,
so if he is on 1000 calories a day, then he will disappear! He did not
get back to me about my recipe for tofu, so I guess that he will not try
it under any circumstance...I dont know what kind of tofu he has
available in Australia, but it sure aint the kind we have in Canada!
Maybe he should go on an all rice diet....how many fat Chinese do you
see? Cheers, Doug in BC