Re: [CH] Tofu, Lentils and More

edmiston (edmiston@wardpress.com)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:59:57 -0500

David A. Verbil wrote:

> I seem to be missing something here - if dry lentils are 3.4 calories
> a gram, 100 grams cooked would not be 340 calories, as quite a
> bit of the weight would be water ...
>                                                   DAVe
>
> > >- -> also didn't understand why he said lentils were fattening.
> > >Me either, but maybe he'll explain?
> >

> > So go look it up! Dry lentils are about 3.4 calories per gram, so if you
> > have 100 grams of the things (about the least you could get away with as
> > the basis for a meal), you're already up for 350 calories!

Heh heh heh... at this point, it all gets too confusing for my lentil-sized
brain. I do know that they taste good, they're a great source of lots of swell
vitamins, minerals and fibre. But JB, buddy, if you don't want to eat them,
that is absolutely your right. I defend it, as I defend my own to never eat
bell peppers. (Anyone else here a hardcore CH but can't stand plain green and
red peppers? Why do you suppose we're like that?)