RE: [CH] Windborne pollen??

Goslowsky, George (gjgoslow@intergraph.com)
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:49:40 -0600

The picture today on the Astronomy Picture of the Day shows a dust storm
that has blown more than a 1000 miles out into the Atlantic.  Why couldn't
pollen be blown just as far?

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

George J. Goslowsky
Senior Software Analyst
Intergraph, Corp.

Run to light from shadow, Sun gives me no rest
Promise offered in the east, broken in the west

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Jiles [mailto:harryo@davesworld.net]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 10:45 AM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Windborne pollen??

Maybe if it had wings like a grasshopper and could fly 50 miles per hour it
could go 1200 miles.  How about this?  A Volkswagen Beetle is shaped like an
airfoil and can go about 90 miles per hour.  How far could it be blown, with
the right wind?  Or to get this more chile related, how far could a Red
Savina be blown with the right wind?

Harry