RE: [CH] Made at home Salsa

Britt, Robert K (rkbritt@novanthealth.org)
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:23:17 -0500

Sorry for the delay - don't check this e-mail at home and I was off
yesterday.

Recipe is just this simple.  I put tomatoes (mostly homegrown), cilantro,
garlic, salt, cracked (not ground) black pepper, sugar, balsamic vinegar,
olive oil, and chiles in a BIG pot and cook for a couple of hours.  I don't
use exact measurements and I slip in as many chiles as I can until wife
makes me stop (she's my taste tester).  I can this in normal fashion (pint
jars and boiling bath).  No two batches are the same but nobody's
complaining!!!

I can put up 12 or more pints in an afternoon and it's fairly simple in my
opinion - of course I know the benefits and enjoyment I'm gonna get!!!

Robert (can I go lurk now??? LOL!!!)