Re: [CH] Flayin' Chillin' Chiles - Early Show

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 07:27:51 -0600

Assembly wrote:

> I'd recommend this recipe to the list.  But Flay seems to
> be expecting us to read the recipe and applaud him, not cook it ourselves.
> For instance, he left out the recipe for roasted garlic tamales which appear
> in the title (we may expect magicians to hide the secrets of their trade,
> not TV chefs).

Often TV Food Network puts recipes like that under a separate file. So,
if you snag a recipe for, say, "jerked chicken with a jicama-mango
relish" you are likely to get the jerked chook recipe which calls for
the relish in one file and the jicama-mango relish recipe in a different
file.

I collect a lot of recipes from TVFN's web site. When I put them into
Meal-Master format I usually combine the accompaniment recipes into the
whole (if a speparate recipe is required). Sometimes it's a challenge
figuring out just how to work the layout of the complete recipe so that
it flows logically and makes sense to someone who has never seen it
before.

ENJOY!!!
--------
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaaaa! Hoooooo! Aaahhhh! Hot Sauce!!! and Hardin Cider