RE: [CH] Transplanting methods

Pieters, Rob (rob.pieters@honeywell.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:33:11 +0100

Byron,

Here in Holland a few of my customers are manufacturers of machines (robots)
for transplanting and potting.
The best, and patented, method is from a company called 'Visser', who  had
to develop special trays which could be handled by there machines.
But they discovered that star shape holes in those tray's, for easy handling
only, avoid the roots to grow in a clod and shows a much more steady and
faster grow than round or square pots or tray holes.
And by transplanting them in bigger pots or trays they leave the ground
where it is... on the roots.
I do have some pictures and some info in English from it, I'll scan and send
you by separate mail, as it cant go  through the list. If anyone else is
interested I would be happy to mail you a copy too

 Hot Regards
Rob NL