Fwd: [CH] Math problem

GarryMass@aol.com
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 22:23:29 EDT

--part1_c5.39f10bf.26195aa1_boundary

From: GarryMass@aol.com
Full-name: GarryMass
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:53:49 EDT
Subject: Re: [CH] Math problem
To: Byron.Bromley@gsd-co.com

In a message dated 4/00 12:48:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Byron.Bromley@gsd-co.com writes:
<< How far was he off?? >>

Well, I was trying for 5 to 10lbs per 100 sq ft, (quibble, quibble), so a
50lb bag for four raised beds at 5x12 for 60 sq ft x 4 beds got "mental
mathed" to 2400 instead of 240.  A half bag per bed seemed pretty good, until
I noticed the depth and realized it should have been a half bag total for all
four.

But the Chile raisers' good news is that I still got an excellent crop of
hot, flavorful Chiles.  The Jalapenos seemed a little stunted, but the others
thrived.  Can't be much doubt that the double digging saved me.  Better than
that, however, is that I ran out of Chile room and had to plant 30 leftovers
in the poorest, sandiest soil in my square yard.  Except that I watered
MiracleGro Bloom Booster into that patch a week before planting, those Chiles
went hungry for the whole season and actually outperformed the "fertile"
(though super-limed) raised bed Chiles.

And, no one found the bodies.

Gareth the ChileKnight

--part1_c5.39f10bf.26195aa1_boundary--