Re: [CH] Fertilizer Caution

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:17:56 -0500

From: "Byron Bromley" <Byron.Bromley@gsd-co.com>

> April 5, 2000
> HIGH LEVELS OF CADMIUM PROMPT FERTILIZER RECALL
> OLYYMPIA, Washington, April 5, 2000 (ENS) - A statewide stop sale order on
> eight lots of commercial fertilizer was issued Monday by the state
> Department of Agriculture and fertilizer company RSA MicroTech of Seattle.
> The fertilizer exceeds the limit for cadmium established by the state
> Fertilizer Act.

Wow.  When did Washington establish heavy metals limits on fertilizer?   In
1997 there was a huge expose in the Seattle PI/Times about the hazardous
waste industry in Washington selling all sorts of crap as fertilizer because
there were no restrictions.   I never did hear how it turned out, but
thousands of tons of very lethal stuff had made it to the markertplace.

carp