[CH] A great new all purpose condiment

Deb deForest (deforest@selec.net)
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:51:25 -0500

Hurley, while I always do snippage to the prior messages to which I am
replying because I want to stay in favor with the list police, Mike, and
especially Saint Jim the First so I can one day taste his THE Bread again
(insert the Sir Doctor Professor Chile Knight's favorite disclaimer here),
with mega apologies and a mea culpa to all, I've left your message intact
below.  This is a wonderful recipe!  I have some suggested variations.  Try
adding one or more of the following:

Cilantro (it doesn't taste like soap to me!)
Woodchuck or 'possum (cat is NOT an acceptable substitution)
Green Bell Peppers (be sure to get the ones that have had no GM)
Vidalias and jicamas
Scrambled eggs (for garnish)

IMPORTANT: Keep refrigerated at all times to avoid botulism.

Note:  Knuckle Draggers might want to add one extra large Peter Pepper to
the mix but be sure to insert this gently (at first) using a rhythmic in and
out motion until the seeds are released from the hottest parts, the
membranes, and a misty sweat forms under your eyes (this might take a very
long time in some households so for best results, plan to begin the day
before).  Wearing gloves may be a good idea, too.  While some may have
suggested it, yellow ribbons and headlights turned on during the daytime
have seemed ineffective to me but that is just my off topic two cents.

I'd also like to comment that the leftovers might be used to treat TMV when
mixed thoroughly with manure and Miracle Gro as long as you check the ph
with a properly calibrated meter first (and don't forget to double check the
calculations for application rate with your slide rule. I personally still
don't trust my computer's calculator ever since I got the virus that was
sent to the list attached to the picture of the missing child with
cancer...your mileage may vary, especially if you use a Mac).

Thank you again for the recipe even though you have not actually tried it
yourself, Hurley.
Deb in Houston

---