Re: [CH] Sickly looking seedlings

Mary Going (mary@firegirl.com)
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:41:34 -0400

If your plants are in a fairly dry place, you don't need to make sure they
are dry before watering. The point about waiting is to make sure they don't
rot, or get some fungus. I always recommend bottom-watering too to make
sure the plants' roots are getting water, and not just the top soil. You
can keep a fan on them (on low) to further insure against fungus, but I
wouldn't let them get dry at this stage.

And, I don't necessarily recommend transplanting so quickly. You could
plant them in a 1" pot, and not transplant them for a month or more when
they are stronger.

Several years ago, I created a tutorial online about growing seeds indoors.
It's still there - at http://firegirl.com/seedstarting

- mary

At 11:26 PM 4/11/00 -0400, Angel Cooper wrote:
>Ya know this is where I get discouraged with my seedlings.  Last week,
>my seedlings looked really healthy.

And here I am thinking that I need to
>start more seeds cos these look like they are going to keel over.  : (
>help

FireGirl (Everybody Needs A Hero)
We sell hot sauce!
And ship it free to the US and Canada on orders over $50.

http://firegirl.com
800-296-9646* 207-623-6008 * Fax: 207-623-6019