Re: [CH] Hacked Chicken (was Mystery Chicken Ingredient)

Dave Drum (xrated@famvid.com)
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 23:12:33 -0500

CherylWolfe and Mike Kuhlmann wrote:

> Hi Ginny!  Ever since your letter of March 8th, I've been remembering and
> craving Hacked Chicken.  I have looked and looked, searching the recipe
> lists and databases, and still can not find a recipe.  I don't care if it's
> hot or cold, I had hacked chicken several years back at a restaurant that
> no longer exists, and loved it!   I tried to reproduce the recipe, and
> although what I have turned out was good to eat, it just wasn't the same!
> Any chance you could share that recipe?  Anyone?

I dunno if this matches what you had. But, this is a good one.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: HACKED CHICKEN WITH HOT OIL AND BROWNED SZECHUAN
PEPPERCORNS
 Categories: Rosengarten, Oriental, Poultry, Chiles
      Yield: 6 Appetizers

      6 cl Garlic
    1/4 c  Coriander, roots and stems
      6 tb Sesame paste
      4 tb Thin soy sauce
      3 tb Shao hsing
      3 tb Honey
      2 tb Sesame oil
      4 ts Rice vinegar
  1 1/2 ts Hot chilli oil
      2    Scallions, green only
           - chopped
    1/2 ts Szechuan peppercorns
      2    whole chicken breasts

  In a mortar and pestle puree the garlic and coriander.
  Transfer mixture to a bowl and add the sesame paste, soy
  sauce, shao hsing, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chilli
  oil, and scallions and mix together.

  Brown the Szechuan peppercorns in a dry castiron skillet over
  low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Grind them,
  then sieve them and add to the bowl with the sauce.

  Boil the chicken breasts in lightly salted water for 6 to 7
  minutes, until just past pink. Refresh them under cold water.
  When cool, skin and bone them. Pull apart the meat into
  strips.

  Arrange meat on a serving plate. Pour over sauce and serve.

  Yield: 6 appetizer servings

  SOURCE: TV Food's Taste Show; Copyright 1996, TV FOOD NETWORK
  SHOW #TS4888

  MM Format by Dave Drum - 12 February 1997

  FROM: Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen

MMMMM

--
ENJOY!!!