Re: [CH] an open letter to our fearless leader

myron menaker (myronm@bellsouth.net)
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:13:22 -0400

Yeah, right! Let's keep it as is! You never know when you're going to
find a scrumptious recipe or a tasteless joke in amongst the beetle grub
or horse manure messages.

Myron

Charles P Demas wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, R.Solarion - Apollonius.Net wrote:
>
> > Categorizing the messages as Gardening, Recipes & General is a splendid
> > idea!  I usually do not read any of the Gardening messages myself.  Roberto
>
> Perhaps you should start another list, or 3 lists.
>
> You're asking each person that posts to edit every subject line, and to
> decide where the post fits.  Too much bother for those of us that post.
>
> Of course, you could moderate a list yourself and put those markings
> on the each posts for us, but I suspect that you'd find it to be too much
> work.
>
> It's always a splendid idea when someone else has to do the work, right?
>
> Personally, "Tain't broke, so it don't need tinkerin'."  :-)
>
> I just eat chiles, but I like reading about Carpo's garden problems, and I
> read the recipes, but just for ideas, and Rael's general comments aren't
> to be missed.  Some of these span categories, and with thread drift, I
> doubt that "categories" would actually be helpful, and they would not
> help the digest readers at all.

Myron Menaker                      Daytona Beach FL USA
myronm@bellsouth.net     |
                  Canto ergo sum.                 |