Re: [CH] V6 #176 hab mash (was Madison)

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:14:32 -0400

Hi C-H's,

I wrote:

>  > .......what to use to increase the viscosity?

and Brent replied:

>Carrots?  Isn't that the secret of the Belize habanero sauces, e.g. by
>Marie Sharp?

Yes I have seen carrots listed often. They would certainly add to the
suspended solids and might make the sauce thick enough to prevent
separation but they have a couple of disadvantages for this
application. They would dilute the sauce and they would add sugar.
(Carrots contain a lot of sugar.) This sugar would likely start the
sauce fermenting again as I am sure the yeast is still active. The
REAL "Ka-boom!"

--
---
                      Regards,               Cameron.