Re: [CH] hotluck attendance (was Austin)

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 01:16:34 -0500

Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> >From: "David Cook" <zeb@austin.rr.com>
>
> >Fortunately we had non-list chileheads and chilehead wannabes to add to the
> >crowd.
>
> A question to all who have attended or hosted hotlucks - does it seem that
> for every chilehead/organizer in attendance, there are many people who never
> had any idea that hot pepper eaters are organized?  They see an event
> centered around peppers, and they come forth - darn, it's almost like we are
> unwitting evangelists.  Or perhaps I should say we do it without trying,
> because the people are ready.

I never knew about hotlucks until joining this list.  And when I went,
well, I went because...  Well, first I was invited (and pushed, begged,
cajoled, and pleaded with).  Then because I knew I'd fit in and wouldn't
be thought crazy because I like stuff with chiles in it.  A meeting
o'the minds kind'a deal.

And...  I went...  Because I KNEW I could eat all this GREAT, home
cooked, DELISH, WONDERFUL food with CHILES in it!!!

You can't beat "Tongues of Fire"!!!

Which reminds me...  I gotta be thinking sumpin' up for this year.
Maybe my pork roast?  (green's gotta grill...)

green (R)(TM)