Re: [CH] Ornamentals

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:23:53 +0200

On 21 Apr 00, Tony Flynn wrote:

> On topic, I gave some ornamental chile plants to a friend. Sirachi
> Thai and Black Namgualand. Last week they asked if the fruit was
> edible now they turned red. I replied that as far as I was concerned
> all the so called ornamental peppers were edible.

Well, I have never heard of any unedible/toxic capsicums, and I have
eaten several ones from plants that were sold as ornamentals only. On
the other hand, the lack of scientific confirmation thereof is
somewhat disturbing...  ;)

However, there are some varieties of poisonous plants of the
Solanaceae family, that *look* a lot like cherry peppers. Better
watch out for these.

Kristofer

Kristofer Blennow   Non Sive Sive, Sed Et Et
Physical location: [close to] Stockholm, Sweden
WWW location:       http://www.blennow.se/