Re: [CH] Re: Peri-peri AKA piri-piri

Hurley Braden (hurley@emf.net)
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:36:53 -0700

Hmmm... That reminds me.
I was once in Uganda, and I was visiting a village in
Northern Uganda somewhere (I can't remember).  And, everyone
was getting introduced to one another when I saw a chile plant
growing out of the crux between two limbs. The chile was some type
of ornamental.  I asked if they minded if I sampled one.  The
locals said sure no problem, while exchanging smug smiles.  They
were so sure something amusing was about to ensue.  So, I popped
one.  MAN WAS IT HOT ! But, being the chile-head member (#16) that
I am (some people claim that I have been a "member" since birth) I
smiled, and asked if I could harvest a few for cooking.  I was the
cook for the group.  They looked at me with great astonishment,
respect (perhaps a little fear) and tried to offer me their
daughters as well. OK, well maybe not the daughters.
We had Cassava Samosas that night. Oh, that's another thing.
IF I NEVER SEE ANOTHER CASSAVA IT WILL BE TO SOON.

Hurley(tm)

Hurley(tm) is toxic, odorless, and chewy.
Do not taunt Hurley(tm)
No batteries required.