Re: [CH] The Personality of a Chilehead

Robyn and John (rmartin@uq.net.au)
Mon, 08 May 2000 00:32:37 +1000

Mary Going wrote:
> A reporter would like information about what chileheads are like. Do you
> think we are more adventurous? More fun-loving? According to Fiery Foods
> Magazine, chileheads are risk-takers, and Chile Pepper Magazine says
> chileheads travel more. What do you think?

I think that reporter is guessing, and is completely wrong. I am a
very inexperienced traveller, I have been overseas twice in 33
years. I think I am gastronomically adventurous, but I hate those
dangerous rides at the fun fair. What does fun-loving mean, exactly?
I don't think I am a risk-taker, I have a steady job, steady family,
weekly routine, regular supply of beer. I just happen to think that
pain is no reason not to enjoy a meal. I would think that chile-heads
of my age (33) would tend to be fatter than average, since they have
found a really good reason to eat!

John