Re: [CH] Soaker Hoses

Greg Schultz (sclash27@execpc.com)
Mon, 8 May 2000 00:09:07 -0500

The water that I would like to utilise flows out of the ground in a rivulet
at the rate of approximately 300 gallons per minute.
 I wonder if I can devise something to catch and funnel the water in such a
manner that it achieves sufficient pressure to rise up a 45 degree incline
to a heigth of about 4 feet, then down120 total feet of perforated hose.
 Perhaps if I build it so that after going through the rows, the water
exits back into the rivulet.  I could then arrange it so that at watering
time, I could divert the water into the system, and achieve the desired
irrigation in as little as 5 minutes.

  Do any of you know wher I might find a web site dealing with
hydrodynamics?  What I am getting at is that after the initial set-up and
planting, any labor prior to harvest should be quite negligible.