RE: [CH] Ajumba pepper

Pieters, Rob (rob.pieters@honeywell.com)
Sun, 7 May 2000 20:57:51 +0100

Dewi,

I've got the Ajumba or Aji Oema peppers too, I have asked the list about
this once but seems that nobody knows this one.
The Aji Umba is like the Madame Jeanette but a little bigger and hotter.
I'm not sure who I have sent seeds of this one but some CH's have received
them from me and perhaps some have already planted them... haven't I sent
you those too?
My Aji Oema, or Ajumba, plants are about 15 to 20 cm tall, no flowers yet
but developing.

My Rocoto's are about 50 to 60 cm high and doing fine, they have suffered a
little sunburn but it looks like it didn't harm the plant.
I can tell that one of the stems was broken completely by a heavy wind blow
a week ago and for test purpose I put it on there again and fixed it with
some tape and an extra bamboo stick to support it, and... the wound  is
healed now and its growing fine again.... now I know how a doctor is feeling
after healing a broken leg....

Kind regards
Rob

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Emile & Dewi [mailto:e.steenbrink@worldonline.nl]
 Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 11:46 PM

 Hello all,

 I have a question. Has anybody ever heard of the Ajumba pepper? It's
 supposed to be a Surinam pepper. Does anybody know where to find them?
 Thanks!

 Randy: You still owe me a story.
 Rob: Is it also sunny and warm in Katwijk? Rocoto is getting huge!
 Mr. Flynn: I'll get bigger pots soon.
 Mary-Anne: What kind of veggie seeds would you like to have?
 Jim: What else besides the patches would you like? In case I
 can't get them?
 All of you out there: Keep it hot!

 Hoe heter, hoe beter (the hotter, the better!) : ) Mary-Anne

 Miss Dewi, happy with the Dutch sun shining on her pepper plants