Re: [CH] Black polyethylene film

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Mon, 08 May 2000 08:03:22 -0500

Greg-
I stake mine down with wooden dowell pins.  I usually lay it out in 12' X 25'
strips.  I have one sheet in my poor-boy greenhouse (roof covering now
removed for the summer) that is 2 years old and still no weeds.  My Aji
plants are enjoying their second year and already growing new pods, I just
left the plastic.  We have gone to stage 2 water rationing, so the plastic
helps slow evaporation and helps conserve water.  When there is not a lot of
foliage shade, though, like when you first lay it out and plant, you have to
be careful about burning the plants.
In previous years I have just pulled it up and thrown it away after a killing
frost.
Calvin