Re: [CH] personality

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Tue, 09 May 2000 20:54:45 -0400

At 06:26 PM 5/9/00 -0500, Sandy Olson wrote:
>Please don't forget, when assessing the personality of a CH, there are some
>of us of the moderate persuasion.  We love the flavor, color and a fair
>amount of the heat but not enough to knock the wind out of us.  Our hotlucks
>provide varied dishes; our gardens yield even bell peppers (sorry, Green)

I've always tried to explain to non CH listmembers that ChileHeads in
general and Hotlucks in particular are not about testosterone drenched "I
can take more heat than you" type of chest thumping. They are rather an
attempt to see how creative we can be at incorporating heat and spice into
good tasting dishes.  Chomping on raw habs is but a small portion of what
constitutes the Chilehead lifestyle.  Sure we can appreciate the pure
entertainment potential of a wannabee chilehead trying his first bite of
"The Bread," but ultimately what counts is flavor...

'
                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

               Single Stock Fund - Live With It or Die From It!

                    @ http://www.army.mil/ssf/index.html @