Re: [CH] Compost tea

Valentine C. Angell (inner@innerworld.com)
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:12:01 -0500

The only MAJOR thing to worry about with Compost Tea is if you have manure
in your compost. Manure that is not completely broken down may burn the
roots of your plants.
It's also a good idea to "water" with your compost tea a little ways away
from your plants (exact distance is dependant upon the roots of your
plants). This allows the tea to seep into the needed areas.
I use a modified 50 Gal drum and plastic "burlap" sack to make my tea, and
my experiences are great. I also keep it "brewing" all summer, and let it
freeze up in the winter, I'm in Northern Minnesota.

Valentine C. Angell